1. Removal, installation, and repair of landing
2. Replacing elastic shock absorber cords on landing gear.
3. Servicing landing gear shock struts by adding oil, air, or both.
4. Servicing landing gear wheel bearings, such as cleaning and greasing.
5. Replacing defective safety wiring or cotter keys.
6. Lubrication not requiring disassembly other than removal of nonstructural items such as
cover plates, cowlings, and fairings.
7. Making simple fabric patches not requiring rib stitching or the removal of structural
parts or control surfaces. In the case of balloons, the making of small fabric repairs to
envelopes (as defined in, and in accordance with, the balloon manufacturer's instructions)
not requiring load tape repair or replacement.
8. Replenishing hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic reservoir.
9. Refinishing decorative coating of fuselage, balloon baskets, wing tail group surfaces
(excluding balanced control surfaces), fairings, cowlings, landing gear, cabin, or cockpit
interior when removal or disassembly of any primary structure or operating system is not
10. Applying preservative or protective material to components where no disassembly of any
primary structure or operating system is involved and where such coating is not prohibited
or is not contrary to good practices.
11. Repairing upholstery and decorative furnishings of the cabin, cockpit, or balloon
basket interior when the repairing does not require disassembly of any primary structure
or operating system or interfere with an operating system or affect the primary structure
of the aircraft.
12. Making small simple repairs to fairings, nonstructural cover plates, cowlings, and
small patches and reinforcements not changing the contour so as to interfere with proper
13. Replacing side windows where that work does not interfere with the structure or any
operating system such as controls, electrical equipment, etc.
14. Replacing safety belts.
15. Replacing seats or seat parts with replcement parts approved for the aircraft, not
involving disassembly of any primary structure or operating system.
16. Trouble shooting and repairing broken circuits in landing light wiring circuits.
17. Replacing bulbs, reflectors, and lenses of position and landing lights.
18. Replacing wheels and skis where no weight and balance computation is involved.
19. Replacing any cowling not requiring removal of the propeller or disconnection of
20. Replacing or cleaning spark plugs and setting of spark plug gap clearance.
21. Replacing any hose connection except hydraulic connections.
22. Replacing prefabricated fuel lines.
23. Cleaning or replacing fuel and oil strainers or filter elements.
24. Replacing and servicing batteries.
25. Cleaning of balloon burner pilot and main nozzles in accordance with
the balloon manufacturer's instructions.
26. Replacement or adjustment of non- structural standard fasteners
incidental to operations.
27. The interchange of balloon baskets and burners on envelopes when the basket or burner
is designated as interchangeable in the balloon type certificate data and the baskets and
burners are specifically designed for quick removal and installation.
28. The installations of anti-misfueling devices to reduce the diameter of fuel tank
filler openings provided the specific device has been made a part of the aircraft type
certificate data by the aircraft manufacturer, the aircraft manufacturer has provided
FAA-approved instructions for installation of the specific device, and installation does
not involve the disassembly of the existing tank filler opening.
29. Removing, checking, and replacing magnetic chip detectors.
30.The inspection and maintenance tasks prescribed and specifically identified as
preventive maintenance in a primary category aircraft type certificate or supplemental
type certificate holder's approved special inspection and preventive maintenance program
when accomplished on a primary category aircraft provided.